Jonathan David Westerling
4 1 5 . 7 2 2 . 9 1 8 2
914 Madison Ave, Redwood City, CA 94061
firstname.lastname@example.org ● LinkedIn
Experienced Program Manager with broad and diverse knowledge will create alignment amongst diverse practices and efficiently launch new products. The below summary is just “the tip of the iceberg”. Please see my LinkedIn profile or contact me at the email above for a copy that includes full details.
— Recent Experience —
2020 – 2023 Google Cloud Sunnyvale, CA
Google Cloud announced a new Product Area in Summer 2022 for advanced tooling aimed at wireless companies and Private 5G networks.
My Impact: achieved aggressive timelines for creating minimum viable product leading to Private Preview launch in less than a year.
Google’s Spectrum Access System enabled the first cloud-based licensing of 4G LTE frequencies in the US. I managed the $X Million ARR B2B program which monetizes and monitors CBRS transmitters for wireless telecommunication companies.
My Impact: >150k radio devices and transmitters are now utilizing $Billions worth of mid-band spectrum.
2018 – 2020 Google Mountain View, CA
Hardware Test Engineer (promoted to Program Manager)
Google’s administration of a new US 5G wireless band can’t interfere with U.S. Navy RADAR signals; detecting these signals required specialized hardware to be built, certified, and installed on coastal towers.
My Impact = 10k+ wireless telecommunications company installations nationwide and growing 2x/yr.
Hardware manufacturers around the world require special access to create and sell compatible radio devices.
My Impact: 20+ manufacturers worldwide have sold 200K+ active radio transmitters in use across the USA.
2016 – 2018 Adecco (onsite at Google) Mountain View, CA
Proprietary propagation modeling software combines geodata and algorithms to predict wireless coverage from 900Mhz -> 60Ghz specifically for LTE-based technologies.
My Impact: Improved Network coverage modeling with better quality radiofrequency studies.
2013 – 2016 SHOUTcast / Radionomy Group San Francisco, CA
US Product Manager
Industry standard B2B streaming software, used by 50K+ radio stations, had no built-in revenue model.
My Impact: 4M ad impressions per month and $180K annual revenue within the first year.
2005 – 2013 Mackenzie & Albritton LLP San Francisco, CA
Paralegal / Staff Engineer
Six attorney telecommunications law firm works with the top cellular companies to power through regulatory issues in municipalities resisting wireless infrastructure improvements.
My Impact: Helped unblock the construction of numerous 4G infrastructure projects in over a hundred municipalities.
— Education —
Double Degree Cleveland, Ohio
- Bachelor of Arts in Audio Engineering Case Western Reserve, Cleveland, OH
- Bachelor of Music in Performance Cleveland Institute of Music, Cleveland, OH
— Licenses & Certifications —
- FCC radio license (N1JLV)
- FCC Restricted Radiotelephone Operators Permit
- Certified Professional Installer (GOOG-00007)
- FAA Part 107 UAV License (#1946852)
- California State Background Clearance (Police Volunteer)
— Other Activities —
- Created new jazz radio station, broadcasting community programming to Marin County where no other local service existed. I oversee all aspects of station operations including programming, volunteers, FCC , all station DJs, and show content. Profiled in the SF Chronicle, KGO TV, and industry magazines.
- Professional musician – bassoon & contrabassoon
- Audio engineer – audiophile digitizing of priceless vintage recordings
- British car restoration – 1967 Jaguar Mk2
- Airfield archaeologist – multitudes of published articles on abandoned airports